SummerWrite Week 4, Wednesday
Fantasy Flash Fiction:
- We discussed flash fiction and fantasy elements
- Writing exercises
- Homework: Finish one piece from today
- Continued to work on improv skills through games like “slideshow” and “freeze tag”
- Kept planning our show…we will be voting on what our favorite games are to perform for you!
- Parents, makes sure to ask your child about the blue handout they received today.
- Wrote pirate mad lib together
- Wrote adjective poems about pirates using alliteration
- Went to the Eastman Gardens
- Wrote about pirates in strange places
- Worked on our pirate treasure maps.
Diary of a ???? Kid
- We went rock climbing!!!
- Shared their fantastical stories with the class
- Discussed ordinary locations that fantastical events could occur in
- Toured the science museum & continued writing
Directing for Film & Video
- All day: Edited final project
All Day Classes-
- Toured George Eastman House and gardens
- Wrote haikus
- Explored the GEH discovery room
- Photo shoot in NOTA in costumes
- Worked on accordion book
Telling Tales at Writers & Books (morning session):
- Worked on story and characters
- Drew in their books
- During free draw, we worked on other characters inspired by what we learned today.
Telling Tales at Writers & Books (afternoon session):
- Discussed what makes a good plot, beginning, middle, end
- Played “And Suddenly”
- Wrote plots together in a game
- Wrote a plot sketch
- Author’s choice time: write stories, draw, work on comics